Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Deciding on a Name...


StarbucksFedExBOA
Originally uploaded by lito

Since we are now in the final days of waiting to travel, we have been told we must provide our agency with a name. It cannot be changed, as it will appear on all her legal documents. We have decided on Lulu Mei. Lulu means a remarkable person, or something remarkable. Her name will always remind us of "little one" and the journey God had to bring us through to get us to baby Yu, now Lulu. Mei in the second form is Mandarin for Rose. Rose is a family name in the women in my family. She will be one of us and should carry our name. Pat was sure about this, and I think it is wonderful, beautiful and very much fitting for our lovely daughter.

Today we sent for our visa entries to China, in preparation for travel approval! FedEx is becoming familiar, and getting rich off us. OK maybe not rich, but probably can afford a Starbucks every day. (which I no longer can)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her name, Kristy! Thanks for inviting me to follow your journey! - Michelle

Anna said...

I love the name too, it is so neat about all the meanings of her name.