Monday, October 6, 2008

We're parents!




There is no way I can describe today! I am so sorry not to have pictures yet! Hopefully tomorrow! We are having trouble with download. But will have a less hectic schedule tomorrow to have time to try to fix. We received Lulu at about 11:30, much later than expected! She came to me easily and did not cry at first. Another couple we have made good friends with, was 2 doors down and we heard their baby cry and knew the babies were hear! Both our babies are from the same orphanage. They were actually friends and in pictures together. So we heard the cry and I ran into the hallway! I reached for Lulu in the hallway of the hotel and she came to me fine. When we went into the room she started to cry and kept calling for her Mama and Baba (daddy) and looking around. It was very difficult! She was very, very hungry and wanted a bottle, but they did not bring the formula they were supposed to! So Pat had to immediately run out to get formula! He had to miss the whole thing!
We did the money exchange, the gift exchange and they gave me all of the items we sent her back. They gave me a photo album with pictures they took of her until now! I started to cry for the first time when I saw this, and said Xie Xie (thank you) will deep thanks. I know they understood because the man got tears in his eyes too when I look at him and said this! It was a precious moment. I knew for sure they cared deeply about her and they knew for sure I did too, even though no more words were said, it was all in the eyes!
They left and I was alone! An unconsolable child with 3 layers of clothes, sick with a cold, in a room 82 degrees because the A/C is not working, and covered in poo because they gave her to me with split pants and she also had diarrhea from sickness. It had been a long time and Pat was still not back! I started to worry; he was only supposed to go the corner store. Another hour or so later, comes Pat and I find out he had to hail a taxi to go to another store and get formula, because that is the only place they sell it. He did amazing! He actually found it, and made it back without speaking a lick of Mandarin.

Pat quickly became the daddy! Lulu would not let me put her down and he had to make all the snacks, the bottles, handle the money, signature, all transactions! Lulu finally calmed down at 1:50 and fell asleep. But only 20 mins later we had to trekk all over on foot to complete all the documents! She has had a rough day! Missed both naps, totally off schedule for food/bottles, and still cries for Mama and Baba (her foster family). She fell asleep at 7 pm and is sound asleep in the crib back at the room with Pat, while I post our news to you all.

We are going to sleep now, while we can. Thanks for your prayers, she is getting better already. We never even had time for lunch, but today was the best day we could ask for even amongst all the beautiful choas. Every one of the 5 babies is so precious! We are so thankful to God for this journey!

7 comments:

bridget said...

Kristy and Pat, we are so filled with joy for you and Lulu! We are praying your health Kristy, and for Lulu's attachment to you both and for peace over your journey.

tanna said...

We have been praying daily for you all...The kids too. We love you all so much and are so joyful for this precious togetherness of family.

Kim said...

Ok now you have to come home right now!!!

Anna said...

I'm so happy for you and Pat! That is such glorious news, even with all the chaos. How awesome that you saw God's grace through it all. God bless!

Mel said...

Wow, I've been anxious for you all day. We're so happy and will continue to pray for everyone's health. Love you!!

Crims said...

We are so excited that you finally have Lulu in your arms. We will continue to pray for you guys. Luv ya!

Abby said...

Yeah Pat! You go Dad. I wish I could have watched you travel the streets to get the formula. Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see everyone. E